Monday, September 21, 2009

IKEA Crib, Mattress, and Sheets

My in-laws decided to get a crib for their house so that my son would have somewhere to sleep when we stay over. They went with the IKEA Gulliver crib.
I have to say for $99 this crib is awesome! I had read reviews on various sites about how good IKEA cribs are, so I suggested they get one from there rather than spending hundreds of dollars at a furniture store. The crib is lower to the ground (no drop-side), so it's easy to put the baby down without straining your back.

Besides the crib, I found the IKEA crib mattress to be very good too. Soft but firm.
Also, the sheets are surprisingly soft...dare I say, even softer than my Baby Gap ones! And they are only $8.99 for a set of two! All in all, IKEA is a great place to get a second crib for grandma's house. It's also good for first time parents on a budget. You don't need a fancy, shmancy crib to make a nursery look good. Focus your attention on creating a fun environment for your child with wall art and unique toys instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment