Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bubbles in My Chocolate?


Bubble chocolate, an aerated chocolate bar, has been made available in the US. Apparently, Bubble Chocolate has been a phenomenon in Europe for a long time. As far as I am concerned, holes in your chocolate, mean less chocolate in your bar. But I guess there is an upside. As per the Bubble Chocolate press release:

"This is a new Bubble Chocolate that's all natural and reformulated to introduce Americans to the aerated chocolate craze that has dominated international markets for decades," says Frank Drab, president Bubble Chocolate . "The timing is right to bring something new and exciting to the U.S. market. Americans will love it, the international community will be happy to have it and it will be a favorite among dieters who are looking for a satisfying, yet lower calorie chocolate fix."
People on restricted calorie diets, tend to prefer this type of chocolate. The nature of the aerated process makes the bars lower in calories than a regular chocolate bar, and despite the lower calories, it does not compromise the overall taste experience. In fact, since Bubble Chocolate literally melts in-your-mouth, the taste is more immediate and the burst of flavor tends to satisfy chocolate cravings sooner. As the company slogan states, it's "Just the Right Amount of Chocolate ."

So this is how you market chocolate bars to fat people? I'm pretty sure I've tried this stuff before. My mother shops at Russian delis so this has probably ended up in her pantry at one time or another. If memory serves, I wasn't a big fan. But at this point in my life, if Bubble Chocolate can trick my brain into thinking I'm eating a real chocolate bar, I say bring on the bubbles!
Bubble Chocolate is available in milk and dark chocolate flavors. It retails for $2.49 a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment