Saturday, June 27, 2009

Virtual Keyboard

Don't ask me what I was doing watching Room Raiders, but this episode happened to be very interesting because the girl doing the raiding was given a virtual keyboard to help in her spying. I did a search in Google for it and this is what I found:

The iTech Virtual Keyboard:


Here's a description from the website:

The Virtual Laser Keyboard (VKB) leverages the power of laser and infrared technology and projects a full-size keyboard onto any flat surface. As you type on the laser projection, detection technology based on optical recognition enables the user to tap the images of the keys, complete with realistic tapping sounds, which feed into the compatible Bluetooth-enabled PDA, Smartphone, laptop or PC.

So I guess this thing is supposed to replace a stylus or a chubby finger when typing on a handheld device. Not sure how well this thing works but it looks pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment