Friday, January 1, 2010

The Clear Banister Gaurd Kit


Bought the Clear Banister Guard Kit from Cardinal Gates a few days ago. The gaps in between the rails of my banister are just too big, and I felt that this posed a safety risk for my son. The kit contains a large plastic sheet, a hole puncher, and some ties.

It's relatively simple to install. My husband did it in about a half hour (it's a small banister). All you need to do is measure the plastic, mark where the rails are, hole punch the plastic sheet and put the ties through and around the rails. Once all of the ties are securely around the rails, the plastic sheet will cover all of the gaps. No need to drill or screw any nails into anything.

So far it's working pretty well. My son is intrigued by his reflection in the plastic but other than that he pretty much stays away from the banister. It's barely noticeable, which is nice.

The plastic rolls are available in 5ft ($21.95) and 15ft ($47.88) lengths.

1 comment: